The MobileMe logo:
- Looks like a poor cousin of the Intel logo.
- Looks like it should have special pricing for a Wal-Mart "Rainy Day Sale".
- Makes me think of
- Could be a Shmoo, about to hug you but unable, as it has been blinded.
- Uses bi-tonal blues that look nonrelative to me.
- Looks like something Cindy McCain would hang in a child's nursery.
- Is a cloud, which is more toilet paper-y than computer-y.
- Is a cloud, which brings rain and lightning and which obscures the sun.
- Is probably something White People will like.
- Is androgynous.
- Needs to cut down on the carbs.
- Uses a script "me" in a flirty kind of way, like how Cosmo claims to be flirty, but is actually whore-y.
- Looks like it probably has a theme song by The Postal Service.
Link: How to prepare for MobileMe.
UPDATE: Now I know why this bothered me so much. It's a clone of Windows Millineum Edition.
UPDATE: Yes, it's an icon, not a logo. Thank you Art Directors everywhere. Note to self: add Art Director to "Job Titles of the Undatable".
UPDATE: Yes, it should be Apple and not Mac. Outside of the Apple purist niche community, these terms are interchangeable.