The shoes are just the wing-tip of the iceberg. Life is too busy right now! There are unfinished drafts that just can't seem to get written! There are pitches sitting incomplete in the outbox! But a jazzy queen riding on my subway car has tipped me over the edge!
What have I been up to?
- Marching in Queens Pride with Western Queens for Marriage Equality and the Bridesmaids for Marriage Equality!
- Making lunch with farfalle, tuna, olive oil, black beans, and petite Brussels sprouts!
- Calling my State Senator and Governor Patterson's office, trying to ensure that there is a vote on the marriage bill!
- Working around 60 hours per week!
- [Redacted] with [redacted], [redacted], [redacted], AND [redacted]!
- Going to TUG and TWEET at The Hose!
- Marching in Brooklyn Pride with Marriage Equality New York and the blushing, beautiful, boozy Bridesmaids for Marriage Equality!
- BBQ at Met!
- Crashing house-parties in Brooklyn and "encouraging" shots of Jägermeister!
- Pitching my first ever thing to [Redacted]! About Cairo!
- Being interviewed for [Redacted]!
- Going to Butt Magazine's foolish party at Knitting Factory!
- Going to the (meh) Big Banana Party at Gorilla Club (which is secretly also Knitting Factory)!
- Making my first purchase on Gilt Group! John Varvatos for Converse!
- And there is writing! The Pride continues over at The Awl! And there are lesbians!
It's funny, how staring at a pair of shoes can bring you back to a point of furor that makes you want to reach out to the person wearing them and scream at them, "You are not an elf and therefore should not wear pointy shoes!" but instead you start to write again because those horrible horrible shoes screamed at you first: "You're alive!"