Wow. That was a fast week. As New York City hit 10.4%, suddenly all those Facebook statuses went from "at the beach" to "considering getting a new roommate". Fashion Week was just a thing in the peripery vision of the masses since most houses cut their "party budgets" and the fashion shows brought more yawning than fawning. Oh, and your cocaine is tainted. What to do?
- Remember last fall? Friday was difficult to navigate as everybody and their sistah had a party going. Now? Not so much, but the strong have survived. Snaxx is up and running at Westside Tavern, and there's free beer from 10 to 11.
- If you're wearing your mittens on cold, cold Fire Island maybe going to see Robbyne Kaamil's show at the Ice Palace will heat you up. And Daniel Nardicio is throwing lots of parties and probably a yard sale to close out the season.
- If you're taller than 54", you can take Superman for a ride at gay night at Six Flags in New Jersey.
- Once you're back from vomiting on a roller coaster, you can gag on the price of drinks at Highline Ballroom at Blowoff with the hairy heavies. (Twenty dollars!?!?)
- Better? Go to this Housing Works benefit. Andrew Krucoff organized it. People seem to swoon for him.
- Just go to Rocket at The Hose. Ryan and Ashton put the poo in shampoo.
- But first, check out Scooter LaForge's gallery show of monsters and tee shirts at Envoy Enterprises (131 Christie Street) from 6 to 9! Ha-ha. 6ty9.
- And before all that, work out a budget for the fall. Ben Bernanke might be saying "The Recession is Over", you know he meant to say OVAH. Watch your pennies, Penny!
- I'm going to a museum every Sunday until I don't. Last Sunday it was the Michael Arad exhibition at MOMA. This weekend I'm stopping in to check out the landscape architecture exhibition, In Situ. If the weather is crap, I'll be checking to see if Baz Luhrman's Romeo and Juliet has stood the test of time.
- New York's sexiest person (according to Time Out), Justin Bond is giving new show at Joe's Pub. Yay!
- Those Sea Tea tours leave me wanting to swim to land after the first hour, but the heavy hairy crowd is doing one Sunday. Apparently there is a free buffet.
- I prefer a boat to take me somewhere, not drift aimlessly. Taking a ferry to the ongoing (and awesome) New Island Festival is an option. You could even stay and dance for the very popular Freemason's gig. (Forty dollars!! Bernanke must be right!)
- Also? Pink!, a play about twelve-year old girls at sleepaway camp! It's not as innocent as it sounds. This is the final weekend, so check it out!